October 24, 2010

Pastor Appreciation Sunday

Today was the service for our Pastor Appreciation Week
 and it was OUT of this world heavenly! 
As the youth pastor began to speak about the legacy that was left by his wife's (my friend Beka's) great-grandmother it got me thinking...
What kind of person do I want to be and what kind of legacy do I want to leave?
He spoke of this amazing woman who didn't have a lot of money but was SO loving that she kept investing her time and prayers and love into people. All because of Jesus.
All because of His love.
People remember her in that way...
a giver of the Creators love...
It was so touching and made me think..
it challenges me to my very core...
to grow in His word...
to keep on loving people because you never know what God is doing in them...
to remember where I came from so I may help others to the cross...
and that brings me to the pastors of our church...
ALL of them
love and encourage 
they challenge us to know God more...
I am so grateful that the Lord brought us all together and that they are leaving that legacy of love behind them. 
I am certain that we are where we are for a reason 
not just a season. 
If you know a pastor this week take time to thank them.
Happy Pastor Appreciation Week!

No comments: