May 9, 2011

The Most Blessed Mommies Day

This year I was blessed beyond measure! It was a good day spent enjoying my family and hanging out with my dear friend and her family. I will just go through the day real quick and so sorry there are no PHOTOS! I am sad I did not take any pictures! Too much fun to be had :)

  • 8:30 wake up and think what yummy breakfast can I make? German Pancakes and Carmel sauce! Oh so indulgent and yet simple! After that get Kenzi and I ready for the Sunday Service. We looked pretty cute ;)
  • 11 AM Church was amazing! Kenzi went down to the nursery with only a little fussing (My Big Girl! So proud!) Then 3 moms got up and spoke about the different stages of motherhood and it was a beautiful thing to hear! Then the kids sang the song "She has the Son in Her Eyes". Then the Pastor prayed a blessing over all the moms (Which I was SO blessed by!) and he spoke of what moms who know Jesus can do for their entire family and the future of that family. 
  • 12:30 Arrived at home with friends to help eat the feast my husband prepared on the smoker and grill(yes he had both going!) The menu included 2 different kinds of beef brisket, one with a dry rub and one that was marinated overnight. SO yummy! Potatoes n onions done on the grill, asparagus and carrots(brought by the guests to share) and oh so yummy! We also had Italian bread and butter and ice cream cones for dessert. I got some pretty purple and white flowers, a sweet card and a cute balloon. More than what I asked for ;) 
  • 3PM We decided that this day would be awesome to pack up and got to the lake for fishing, walking and playing. It was very sunny and warm but also windy! After a nap for our friends little one they joined us. I would not trade that day for anything! It was the BEST mother's day I have ever had! The kids played well, good food with friends and family and a great day outside. SO BLESSED!!!

1 comment:

Truly His said...

SOOOO happy you had a great Mother's Day!! :)